Traveler’s assistance and why you might want it
October 11, 2017
Whether for pleasure or business, traveling to other countries is a valuable, mind-opening experience. World travelers are exposed to and enriched by new geographies, cultures, people and foods. But world travelers also can be exposed to lost passports, legal trouble or political or security concerns. It’s at times like these that traveler’s assistance is invaluable.
An extra layer of protection
In addition to medical coverage and assistance, travelers with a SafeTrip Travel Protection plan from UnitedHealthcare Global also can count on Travel Assistance Services for help in case of the unexpected events none of us plans to encounter on our travels.
How SafeTrip Travel Protection can help
Just call the 24-hour Emergency Response Center at the number on your SafeTrip travel ID card. Your personal emergency assistance coordinator will:
- Assist you in replacing lost or stolen passports, tickets or other travel documents.
- Assist in making new reservations for flights, hotels or other travel services in case of an illness or injury.
- Give you an emergency cash advance, subject to first securing funds from you via credit card.
- Refer you to a licensed attorney nearby.
- Provide language translation help in an emergency.
- Help you send or receive emergency messages toll-free, 24 hours a day.
It’s another great benefit already included in the cost of your plan!